Thursday, February 20, 2014

Tucson Discoveries

One of the best things about trade shows is discovering new suppliers.
It's even more fun at the Tucson Gem Shows because you get to discover ARTISTS!

I met many talented artists and purchased a few items for myself!

It was so much fun to discover Marianne Kasparian of MAKU Studio! In her own words, from her website, Mak creates...

Funky, eclectic raku fired ceramic artisan pendants, beads, cabochons, buttons, jewelry and decor.

I love, love, love the pieces I acquired! I'm keeping one of the birds for myself!
I had to go back for a second bird, which has already been gifted.

 

                                                                                             
And I couldn't resist this heart!
I plan to make an oxidized silver bail. I found gorgeous silver green fresh water pearls at Pearl Concepts. It's going to be so much fun to play around with my glass , crystals and other beads to create an amazing necklace.











It was so much fun to meet Julie L Walls at my soldering class. She and her mom own Pagosa Peak Fiberworks. They design handpainted, one-of-a-kind beads, pendants and earrings. 



Aren't these earrings fun?!

Sorry these are mine! 

They go so well with the tunic and leggings I was wearing that day!


I'm thinking next year's strategy just might be to search out indie artists for unique focals and components!



2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a fabulous trip! I can't wait for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for coming by my booth, Jeanne! It was great meeting you and I'm so happy that you like your treasures!

    ReplyDelete